Meet us at General Convention!
If you are coming to the Episcopal Church's General Convention this year in Indianapolis, please stop by the Forward Movement booth in the exhibit hall. Meet some of our authors for book signings and purchase your favorite resources from Forward Movement at a discount. We'll be in booth 515, so please come and meet our staff and browse some of our newest offerings. See you there!
Here's a rundown of major events:
- July 3 Praying on the Go -- learn about some of ways we support spiritual practices for busy people. New titles, ebooks, and a mobile app!
- July 4 Confirm not Conform launch party (meet the Rev. Laura Toepfer, CnC guru)
- July 5 Spanish Day -- learn about our many offerings for Spanish-speaking readers, including Día a Día.
- July 6 Lent Madness -- with the first voting of Lent Madness 2013 (two saints battle it out in a play-in to earn a spot in the first round). Get your picture taken with a life-size Mary Magdalene figure (winner of the Golden Halo from Lent Madness 2012).
- July 7 Children and Families -- learn about our new children's book, Star of Wonder, and many other resources for discipleship at home.
- July 8 The Bible Challenge -- Be among the first people to purchase the brand new (hot off the press!) book, The Bible Challenge, a set of meditations to accompany you on a year-long adventure of reading the Bible.
- July 9 Meditation -- Forward Movement's speciality: devotional material and meditations. Come find out how we can help you find space for God in your life.
- July 10 Forward Day by Day -- for more than 75 years, the leading devotional publication for Episcopalians and others. Learn about our beloved tradtion and see what's new!
Meet authors and other guests
- July 3 The Rev. Nancy Hopkins-Greene, author of Moving Meditations: A 50 Day Journey, book signing 2-3 p.m.
- July 5 Bishop Onell and Mirs. Nina Soto, translators for Dia a Dia
- July 6 The Supreme Executive Committee of Lent Madness, the Rev. Tim Schenck and the Rev. Scott Gunn will be present to meet fans of Lent Madness.
- July 7 The Rev. Lindsay Hardin Freeman, author of Wisdom Found and Good Lord, Deliver Us, signs books from 1-2 p.m.
- July 8 The Rev. Marek Zabriskie, editor of The Bible Challenge, signs books from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- July 9 The Rev. Lindsay Hardin Freeman, author of Wisdom Found and Good Lord, Deliver Us, signs books from 1-2 p.m.